Wanstead Quaker Meeting House tour followed by a forest ramble

The site of the Wanstead Quaker Meeting House was acquired by the Quakers in 1870, with the current building constructed in 1968The site of the Wanstead Quaker Meeting House was acquired by the Quakers in 1870, with the current building constructed in 1968

The Redbridge Ramblers will lead a six-mile walk from the Wanstead Quaker Meeting House, through Epping Forest and onto Buckhurst Hill next month.

Before departing the Bush Road venue, participants will be given a tour of the building, which overlooks a burial ground of simple headstones, including that of the house's architect Norman Frith. The walk will begin at 10am on 10 January (non-members welcome).

The Redbridge Ramblers organise regular local walks, day trips and holidays abroad. Call 020 8498 9850


blog comments powered by Disqus