Santa will embark on a pre-Christmas tour of Wanstead this month, chauffeured through the streets by Elf Steve Hayden aboard his Parker Dairies milk float.
“You can’t beat seeing how much children enjoy seeing Santa. It’s a fun community event that makes everyone smile and injects a bit of magic into Christmas. Please have some change ready for the elves’ collection buckets,” said organisers Amy Moore and Áine Burke.
Santa’s drive-by through Wanstead will take place on 21 December, covering 31 roads from 4.30pm.
“Huge thanks to Parker Dairies, North London Loft Rooms and Terry Tew Sound and Light for supporting this event.”
Funds raised will support local schools and local charities.
Wanstead route, 21 December
- 4:30pm-5:00pm: Gordon Road, Highstone Avenue, Cambridge Park Road, Dangan Road, Addison Road, Spratt Hall Road
- 5:00pm-5:30pm: Wanstead Place, Wanstead High Street, The Avenue, Gloucester Road, Buckingham Road, Hereford Road, Leicester Road
- 5:30pm-6:00pm: Warwick Road, Rutland Road, Grosvenor Road, Nightingale Lane, Rodney Road, Elmcroft Road
- 6:00pm-6:30pm: Deynecourt Gardens, Eaton Rise, Lorne Gardens, Elmcroft Road, Cowley Road, Wellesley Road, Halstead Road
- 6:30pm-7:00pm: Nelson Road, Wellesley Road, Wanstead High Street, Hermon Hill, Alexandra Road
All timings are approximate & subject to change