Like so many up and down the country, our community can be proud of how it is responding the coronavirus pandemic. These are extraordinary times, but we can all be thankful we are part of a community that cares.
How can I find support?
People you can phone:
- Redbridge Council have set up a new Wellbeing service: 020 8708 5555
- Charlie Renwick, a volunteer who can connect you with someone local: 07851 632 613
- Petty Son and Prestwich, who have offered to help those in isolation: 020 8989 2091
- Wanstead Village Directory, for help making contact with any local groups: 020 8819 6645
- The Samaritans, for people who need someone to listen: 116 123
- Citizens Advice Redbridge, for free, confidential and impartial advice: 0300 330 9063
- Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering, for advice or information: 020 8220 6000
How can I help?
RedbridgeCVS: the local umbrella body for the voluntary and community sector.
Facebook Groups: connect with others and see how you can help
- Wanstead Community Hub
- Redbridge Joins Together
- Redbridge Covid-19 Mutual Aid
- Woodford, South Woodford and Wanstead Parents
- Wanstead Community Forum
WhatsApp Groups: coordinating local volunteer response