Redbridge Council has published it’s waste and recycling arrangements in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are doing our best to maintain a weekly bin collection service. However, in order to do this, some other waste and recycling services have changed. Over the coming weeks our waste collections teams may have to operate a reduced service, as some key workers become ill or have to self-isolate,” said a council spokesperson.
The council have also warned they may be unable to keep household waste and recycling separate during these difficult times.
- Collections will begin at the earlier time of 5am
- Recycling services may change
- Garden and bulky waste collections will be on-hold with immediate effect
- Bin and blue box deliveries for recycling, including collection from car parks, will stop
- If your rubbish collection is missed, it will be taken away on your next scheduled collection day
All changes to council services because of coronavirus can be found here.